Saturday 6 October 2012

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day

My rating 4 out of 5.

Everybody's got a dark side
Do you love me?
Can you love mine?
Nobody's a picture perfect
But we're worth it
You know that we're worth it
Will you love me?
Even with my dark side?


That is part of Kelly Clarkson's song Darkside, i feel it really works with the entire book. I am going to attempt to do my review in mostly quotes from the book... so i guess it is just one huge minor spoiler but i don't think it gives away the plot. So read on at your own peril :)




"He was my drug, and i had no desire to kick the habit"

"I'm caught up with you, Eva." With his head tilted back, Gideon pulled me down for the sweetest of kisses, his firm lips moving gently beneath mine. "I'd kill for you," he whispered, "give up everything i own for you... but i won't give you up"

"You're the greatest risk i've ever taken." He pressed his lips gently to mine. "And the greatest reward."

"Why don't you... you know... take care of it beforehand. Maybe that'll help." I tried that Eva, Gideon still got me off this book too :)

"Bellissima," he praised. "Alawys a joy to see a woman with a healthy appetite." Yes while reading this book my appetite is not just for food *wink*

"You're all i want, Eva. There's no one else. There will never be anyone else."

"You're getting that fuck-me look on your face." He observed "And you call me a sex fiend." I cannot help it Gideon!

"I have died and gone to heaven," he pronounced, checking out my chest as we strolled alone the shore, "where the embodiment of every wet-dream, spank bank fantasy of my adolescence is real and totally mine."

A shiver moved through me. "I'm wet for you," I whispered. Gideon stepped away from the railing carrying me with him. "Because that's how i want you." Good to know Gideon because it certainly is true.

We recharged and reminded ourselves that what we'd found with each other was worth fighting for. It was the most perfect day of my life.

I didn't think it was possible to love Gideon more than i already did, but he somehow kept finding ways to prove me wrong. I know how you feel Eva

"Thank you" I hugged him hard. "What would i do without you?" "You're never going to find out" <3

I met his gaze and held it. "I'm in love with Gideon" Me too Eva

"That's part of the game to him, you know. He's an expert at worshiping a woman as if he needs her to breathe. Then suddenly he can't be the sight of her."

"I want to crawl on my knees for you and beg for scraps. A touch. A kiss. One tender word. You've made me that weak. I hate myself like this. I hate that i need you this much. I hate that I'm so obsessed with you. I hate that i love you."

"Eva. I've been starved for you"

I had all of him, every inch, crammed too full and loving it. I'd been empty for days, so lonely I ached.

"Don't let me go" I begged, after i'd sworn i wouldn't. When i woke to my alarm, he was gone.

"And tell him to go fuck himself too."

"But you said you love him." "That's not always enough." oh Eva, my heart is aching for you

"Sometimes love isn't enough. And if it's not enough what good is it?"

I had nothing left. I felt like this too, at this point. The book is an emotional rollercoaster.

Both my mom and my dad were living fulfilling lives without the one they loved. I could do it too.

"You and me, baby girl, we're too jaded. We just want mind-blowing sex with someone who knows we're fucked up and accepts it." Cary <3 my heart breaks for you too

"Go to hell." She stormed off. "I'm already there," I shouted after her. "And so is your son."

I wanted him inside me. Filling me. Completeting me. I'd be so empty without him. *nods head*

"is everything alright?" I stopped by her desk. "I have no fucking clue. That man is a total head trip." I know Eva but we love him anyway

"Don't leave me." "Leave you? I'm going to marry you"

"I love you" Oh Gideon, we have waited on those words!

"I won't survive you, Eva"

"I'm obsessed with you, Angel. Addicted to you. You're everything i've ever wanted or needed, everything i've ever dreamed of. You're everything. I live and breathe you. For you" Gideon, I swear my heart just fluttered.

His chest expanded on a deep breath. With that sound i knew. Gideon, you are my Hero.

"Where do we go from here?" I held him. "Wherever this takes us. Together."


I loved it, i hated it, i hated the emotions, i loved the emotions, i hated the drama, i loved the drama.
I thought the book was amazing. I wish it hadn't annoyed me so much but i still love it.

I would recommend this book to EVERY-FUCKING-BODY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment