Friday 31 August 2012

Daisy's Back In Town (Lovett, Texas, #1) by Rachel Gibson

Daisy's Back In Town (Lovett, Texas, #1)Daisy's Back In Town by Rachel Gibson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 4/5
Favorite lines - “Mom," Nathan called to her. Daisy pulled her gaze from the tent and the fleeting glimpse of Jack's bare back, the smooth planes and indent of his spine, the sliver of the white elastic just above the blue waistband of his jeans..."Hmm?" "What's a faaar ant?" he asked just above a whisper. "Fire." She chuckled and shook her head. "Fire ant. They have a nasty bite that burns." Nathan smiled. "Well, why didn't he just say fire?" "He thinks he did.”
Favorite Character - Lily

My favorite things about this book
1. Lily, she really made me laugh. I felt bad for her too but mostly her behavior & dialog made me giggle.
2. Nathan questioning Jack about sex, I have children & i must say i am not looking forward to this discussion. The questions Nathan asked, oh jeeze that my son's never ask me them.
3. The sex scene were hot. The chemistry & sexual tension between Jack & Daisy was fantastic.

I did enjoy this story & it made me laugh quite a few times. The thing was because i recently read a book with a similar story-line i didn't enjoy it as much as i think i would of if i had read the other book. I found this story really easy going & a joy to read. I like the way the author writes & her characters seemed well developed.

I would recommend this book & I plan on reading more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment